The Parent’s Group
The Parent’s Group is a therapeutic group designed for open discussion for parents of children and teens. While every parent is an expert at parenting their children many feel alone in their struggle as parents. Some parents look for ideas on how to handle everyday teen issues, others are seeking answers to a particular problem. The Parent’s Group aims to build community while helping parents with partners or single parents in the challenging process of parenting teens in today’s “unprecedented times.” Some of the subjects to be covered are
1. Why do pre-teens act the way they do.
2. Why do teens act the way they do.
3. Names of some of the popular drugs in the Dallas Metroplex.
4. How to identify depression in your teen.
5. Working with the Dallas County Probation Office.
6. Parents, divorce, and teenagers.
7. Guided Group discussions.
PGN is cost-free and 6 week sessions begin Sept. 19, 2023 in person at 12pm
The purpose of The Teen Group Discussions is to allow teens a safe place to discuss their most pressing concerns while being guided by a trained group facilitator. Many teens are seeking a place where they can openly discuss relevant life issues that affect them on a day-to-day basis. Some of the topics that will be discussed are as follows.
1. How to understand me when no one else understands me.
2. How do I let adults know that I am bullied without causing more problems for myself?
3. Is the pandemic ever going to be over? (This is an ongoing discussion that opens up for discussion some of the problems that are directly related to the pandemic. (Death, sickness, isolation, vaccination, food, parent’s employment, and school attendance)
4. How do I tell my parents that I am sexually active?
5. Why do I feel sad all the time? (Signs of depression)
6. What does it mean if I worry about everything, and am always ready to fight? (Signs of Anxiety)
Teen Group is cost-free and 6 week sessions begin Sept. 19, 2023 at 1:30pm in person
Our Women's Group is a place where women can find support and gain insight from their peers. With today's fast-paced environment, it is common to feel overwhelmed at times. These group sessions will offer you the opportunity to discuss such topics as:
1. Coping with feelings of depression or anxiety.
2. Identifying and dealing with triggers that negatively affect your mood.
3. Building and maintaining healthy relationships.
4. The importance of self-care.
5. Healthy coping strategies.
Women's Group is cost free and sessions are held virtually every Wednesday at 6:00pm